We are looking for volunteers to sew SMILE DOLLS!!!
Smile Dolls or Muslin dolls are used by Child Life Therapists to alleviate fear of the unknown while communicating about upcoming medical procedures.
Smile Dolls of all shades of skin-toned fabric are needed.
Please note: Smile Dolls should be free of adornment. Do not clothe the dolls, put faces or write on the dolls.
View the Smile Doll pattern and print it to trace.
What you’ll need:
Smile Doll pattern
½ yard skin-toned fabric
shears or scissors
Step by step instructions:
1. Cut out pattern and tape the two sections together
2. Cut two pieces of fabric for each doll
3. Stitch doll together, leaving opening on doll leg as indicated on pattern
4. Clip all curves around the entire doll
5. Turn doll inside out
6. Stuff doll very firmly with polyester fiber-fill
7. Hand stitch closed the opening on the doll leg
Please contact Sarah if you are able to participate. This will be an ongoing need. Thank you!